Wednesday 24 June 2015

Father's Day Feast

Greetings warmhearted readers! How is everyone still hanging on for the week?

So, Father's Day last Sunday just elapsed with a blink of an eye. I had a pretty stunning one celebrating this not-to-be-forgotten occasion in a bar situated in KL. Yup, a woody bar with shelves of head-knocking alcohol & smoky air filled with music from the '70s. Love its atmosphere to the moon & back as I really demanded a bar to doze my gloom off. It's named 'Racks Bar & Baby Backs'.

Guessed it or not, pork ribs & apple cocktails are the trademarks of this shadowy pub. Recommended by my uncle from the States, our expectations were not ruined by disappointment. We requested one main course & a side to share, which are the pub's famous 'Crackling & Dip' and a full rack of ribs with two bold flavours (Torture Ribs & Asian Guinness Ribs). Let me tell you this, the presentation of Racks Bar's creations already snatched my eyes away, don't even get me started on their taste. One word - Amazinglicious. Best ribs in town, I say!

Ah, reaching the terrific bit of this unforgettable feast, of course we got ourselves liquid refreshments to praise off such comforting food. I menued myself a rum cocktail named Apple Sin while my blood-related associates went for mojitos & beer. Can't believe I'm saying this, but Apple Sin's my first real cocktail in life. It slided onto my side of the table garnished with a cinnamon-glazed apple slice. Boldly impressed, I took a small sip after a slight stir and ka-pow, it appeared that I just found my true love of moonshine. Rum, cinnamon, vanilla & apple juice agitated then flavours blasted with chips of ice until chemistry touches the right temperature. Heavenly feels.

The famed Pork Crackling, crisped with much love.

Apple Sin, so sinful I got succumbed by it.

Wistfully, I forgot to snap my cell's lens on the main array for the night (aka the beautiful rack of ribs). Well, there was probably some seventh sense of mine hinting me it's alright because I'll return soon to re-satisfy my hungry tastebuds. Ah, can't wait for that glorious moment.


Finally, Happy Belated Father's Day to all the super-dads out there!

Slobber & shots, Alanis xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment