Tuesday 12 January 2016

Breakfast Favourites!

Evening humans, I recently started eating clean (again) as it's still the holidays for me & I have the free time to prep & cook most of my meals. Also as a Tumblr hugger, the scrumptious-looking concoctions never fail to inspire my heart of cooking! Yup, grocery shopping for these healthy bastards did cost me some bucks, but the after-satisfaction tells me that it's worth it. Plus I'm a fruit lover. 

Anyways, I scrolled through BuzzFeed's healthy side & found so many recipes I'd die to try! One of them that knocked me straight onto the head was smoothie bowls. They caught my eye as I was pretty bored of my breakfast routine (simply grabbing biscuits & binging on other shit) and breakfast is the only meal I'm able to prep with no time limit. After going through the list of delicious photos & considering multiple aspects like fruits I can actually afford (example: NOT PEACH), I went with Strawberries 'N' Cream as the grocery mall near my house has a frozen strawberry sale going on & other ingredients can be purchased conveniently. Here's the outcome!

Buzzfeed's 'Strawberries 'N' Cream' Smoothie Bowl.

The toppings I threw onto this icy creation are blueberries, muesli, Greek yogurt & a drizzle of honey. Recipe hereeeee. Although it's kinda hard for my tiny blender to blend up the solid fruits with very little liquid, the result is amazing. The honey makes it sweet enough, all the frozen fruits gave it a firm touch without melting in seconds. Love how the muesli gave it some texture too, that's why it's called a smoothie bowl! 

After a wonderful start of the day, I immediately went to plan for Day 2's morning pill. Of course I could have the same thing, but since dad just bought home some bananas, I decided to create a different smoothie bowl for the next day - Blueberry Banana Smoothie Bowl! Well, it turned out alright, just that I could cut the honey next time as the bananas are already sweet enough.

Blueberry Banana Smoothie Bowl!

Ingredients:
1 medium banana
1 cup of frozen blueberries
1/4 cup of greek yogurt
Few tablespoons of milk (or icy water if you don't have milk)

Toppings (optional):
Blueberries
Sliced bananas
Muesli
Drizzle of honey

Blend together frozen blueberries, banana, greek yogurt. Then place your desired toppings after scooping them into a small bowl! By the way, I only used two thirds of the banana & kept the remaining ones for garnish. Like I said, feel free to cut the honey unless you have a sweet tooth. Have fun making your breakfast exciting!


Have an awesome day, Alanis xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment