Sunday 8 March 2015

Trip to Melaka

Hey! Today was an exhausting one as I just came back from a one day road trip from two different states in Malaysia - Melaka & Negeri Sembilan! I went to Melaka to attend my cousin's wedding somewhere in Merlimau, and Negeri Sembilan was an unexpected one, just went to check out the resorts & beaches there. Tiring, I would say!

Before heading to my couz's wedding, my family & I went for a short walk around the Stadthuys and A'Famosa. The atmosphere there was pretty cool as I love world history (well except my country's..) so the British-ish monuments & signed contracts kept me excited & interested while my brother drowned in boredom. Somewhere near the Stadthuys, there was also a Dinosaur statue out of nowhere which I was so obsessed with, and of course we became close friends (I even named him Milo).

Don't we look alike, Milo?

And usually tourists would pose for pictures or observe the monument when they reach A'Famosa, right? Well, this is what I do when I first see the monument. Pardon the Paws.

Is this loaded? No? Boo :(

Later, we went to Jonker Street just to look around for five minutes (eyyyy poor time planning). We were shock to see a lot of people lining up in front of what seems to be an old-looking restaurant, turns out it's the famous authentic Hainanese Chicken Rice restaurant! Argh too bad we don't have time for this Melaka's delicacy. But at least I found something that made my day just right after I left the restaurant! Bet you can't guess it, IT'S A CUTE ORANGUTAN WALL PAINT! Surprisingly it's from a cafe, all cafes should have something like this!

Y U SO CUTE YOU NEED A KISS 

After the tough time leaving Milo & the cute monkey, I proceeded to my cousin's wedding. Nothing to say about it though, I barely know the people there. Hmm, I guess the food's pretty delicious? (Yup food's the only thing I care) The awkward chats with unknown relatives went horrible as I didn't really had the mood to tolerate their egoistic brags of their kids scoring good results in school or getting a job or whatsoever. Luckily I brought along a book to keep me company.

3 hours later, our family left the crowd & drove off the scene. Since it was still early, we decided to head to Port Dickson in Negeri Sembilan to check out the resorts & beaches for our upcoming vacation plan. So we went. My butt had to deal with sitting in the car for two hours straight, it sort of became numb (too much details, woops). When we reached PD, we visited two resorts - Avillion & Thistle to check out the rates & environment. While the adults do their thing, my bro & I ran to the beach to entertain ourselves. I shouldn't had wore skinny jeans today, they got awfully wet from sea water..

Forever alone.
After having a finger-licking seafood dinner, we went straight back home at 7pm. In the car, I tried to persuade my mom that it'll be super late when I reach home so it's better if I skip school tomorrow to study for the test this Tuesday. Unfortunately, I got grounded pretty badly and end up needing to skip TV time tomorrow. Yikes! I shouldn't had say that..

So this is how my one day trip went. Hope it'll be more time-organised next time so we could visit more places and actually reach home early for school tomorrow. (All the excuses, I'm actually staying up writing this blog right now) Aites I better hit the sack before the sack hits me! Goodbye! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment