Saturday 23 May 2015

Breakfast Quiche

Sunday mornings are the best where you get to wake up whenever you desire (well, besides Saturdays where you don't need to worry about school next day). But surprisingly I woke up earlier than yesterday, which was a question I myself find hard to answer. After popping out from my warm bed, I decided to make Fruit Tortillas for breakfast as I loveeee fruits, but turns out my refrigerator was out of fruit, causing me to go mad for a second. Then, I noticed dozens of eggs waving at me on the countertop saying "EAT ME OR I'LL ROT".

Eggs are such attention seekers, I know.

That's when I made up my 'fruit-demotivated' mind to cook up a Quiche for the first meal of the day. If you don't know what's a Quiche, it's a pastry dish with eggs/custard filling in it and toppings all over the place. Sadly, classic Quiches are a pain to the ass to make because you have to make the crust and stuff, which I, a lazy piece of crap ain't going to do. So instead of the classic ones, I made a really easy 3 minutes Quiche in a mug! Oh and without the crust, I'm currently eating clean without starchy food so I threw in some oats instead.

Ingredients

2 medium sized eggs
3 tablespoons of milk
1 teaspoon of butter
1 tablespoon of oats
6-7 slices of cucumber
4 mini cherry tomatoes, halved
1/8 cup of frozen peas
Few leafs of wild rocket
Salt & pepper to taste
A mug (preferably a tall one)

Here's how you wing it!

First, whisk the eggs with milk and butter in a mug until they're well combined. Then, throw in the toppings (cucumber, tomatoes, peas, oats, or anything you like) and stir evenly. After you feel satisfied with your raw Quiche, slide the mug into the microwave and set it to high for 3 minutes. Take a short nap until you hear its ring, pop it out of the microwave, garnish with wild rocket and you're ready to fulfil your tastebuds! Ah, don't forget to season your Quiche with a dash of salt & pepper!

Yum yum in the tum! <3

Yup, it's just that simple to make a Quiche-for-one (more like an omelette woops). Usually people mix in pieces of baguette bread for a dense, packed texture, but I myself prefer oats as they're much more healthier than bread. Now you don't need to spend an hour fluffing out the pastry crust or buy a ready-made one, all thanks to the microwave (and me, duh).



Hope your weekend is awesome!

Eggs and love, Alanis xx.

Once again, Grimmie Salute!

No comments:

Post a Comment