Saturday 16 May 2015

Upshot of a Pampered Kid

I was having dinner with my dad & my brother just an hour ago. We had our usual chats while omnom-ing, it was all cool until dad left the table.

I was whining about the bad haircut I just had this afternoon as it's way too short, Tim (my brother) just shot in saying that it suits me since I'm such a tomboy. The word "tomboy" fired me up because only people who fail to know me well enough would say that. I slapped in saying "well, at least I, your sister's manlier than you." He responded with an unexpected reply, saying he's cool being effeminate. Shocked, I told him evilly that his surprising reply is going to reach his crush's ear. Of course, he freaked out and tried to threaten me so his nightmare wouldn't happen.

My brother, threatening me? A joke I suppose! I told him that I could even posted it on social media so the world would know (which is what I'm doing right now, woops) and he suddenly jumped into serious mode. He slammed the dining table and walked away, assuming that he ended the talk. I, on the other hand wants to keep this cruel conversation going for a good reason (read on & you'll know) so I proceed to follow him, throwing taunts at him for a strong reply. 

"Oh, so this is how you solve your problems eh? Running away? Excuse me sir, but it's still laying right here & it's not going to shrink by it's own. What you're showing me is that you lose, and I get to spread your confession onto social media. Cool with that?" I said to his back. Instead of saving his own arse, he shouted "I don't know how to fix it alright! If I knew how, I wouldn't be what I am today!"

Me: "What do you mean by not knowing how to fix it? It's a freaking natural act that first requires guts so you don't run away from it before even ruminating. Hey, I was brutally bullied when I was a kid too aites, probably worse than yours. I managed to solve craps by myself so I don't stay afraid of school everyday. I don't have anyone to look up to, just myself. You still have a big sister to learn from sometimes. So telling me you don't know? Just another excuse you use to end chats."

Tim: "I don't know! I just don't know how to, alright?"

Me: "Don't you see what's the huge cause for things like that to happen? It's because you're extremely pampered by mom! See what happens when she's out of the country? No one's here to solve your problems, kid! Usually mom would throw me a timeout if I say things to you, giving you the thought that you win the game. Well face it brat, what can you do without her presence? Not even saving your own arse! You need to learn how to unravel your knots by yourself, Tim. You're not 8 anymore. This is why I don't argue with her anymore when she pampers you. The side effects are too much for my handling. Rather be on my own."

Tim: "Shut up! I just don't know how to! Yes, I'm running away from problems, because I don't know how to fix them!"

Eventually I left this never-ending conversation because my brother just keep shovelling the phrase "I don't know" into my face after everything I said. Hmm couldn't blame him for that though, to be frank he's pampered too much. I saw this coming since mom flew off to America, it's going to be different for him after losing his back up. The reason why I argued with my brother is because I want him to have a clear realisation of how bad mom's pampering made him what he is today. He always thought that it's great to have a one-sided warrior with him all the time, but what happens when mom's not around? Doomsday has arrived, bro. 

Hope he takes it in even it's hard for him to do so. Stop running away from your problems, Tim. Just face it like a man. One day, mom's not going to be there for you anymore. I'm just trying to help you here, like what a sister does. 

This pampered Bulldog is adorable though :3

No comments:

Post a Comment