Friday 22 May 2015

Baked Cinnamon Oatmeal in a Mug

Morning there, fellow humans all over the world!

I just woke up an hour ago which was 9.30am (yes I'm a beg-hugger) and a delicious idea snapped my brain cells. Since it's a free Saturday morning where I don't need to rush to school by 7, why don't I show you peeps what I usually gobble for breakfast! Oh, I'm not the kind of boring teen who just bite on a piece of sandwich bread and hops on the school bus. No no no, I make sure I satisfy myself with a wholesome mouth-drooling breakfast that does its part to volume-up my day!

So, the one I'll be showing you today is one of my favourite breakfasts that are super easy to make just in 4 minutes. If you're a big fan of cinnamon, baked apples or oatmeal, you're fated to read this! It's Baked Cinnamon Oatmeal! Yes, I said 'baked', it's not a typo. Even better, you can just toss everything into a mug and shove it into the microwave, then wait for the 'ting' and you're off to omnom time!


Ingredients

3 tablespoons of oatmeal (whole cut/quick cook)
2 teaspoons of milk (just a tiny splash)
Half an apple/pear, diced
Half a ripe banana/1 small ripe banana (mashed)
Cinnamon powder for a powering taste
Greek Yogurt (optional)
Honey (optional)


Here's how you perform the magic:

First, roughly mix the oatmeal with milk in a bowl until you see clumps. Then, toss in the mashed banana and mix well so you'll get the sweet banana taste in your oats! After that, throw in the diced apples/pears and toss around the whole mixture (I usually use apples, but this time I'm using pears because I ran out of apples). Before hitting the microwave, spice up the world with a few dashes of cinnamon powder (I LOVE cinnamon, I usually chuck in 2 teaspoons or more). When your raw concoction is ready, frisbee it into the microwave in high for 2-3 minutes (I do 2.2).

Now wait.... and wait.... and wait.... *ting* it's done! Grab your steamy treat out of the microwave (caution, it's hot!) and you're ready to dive in! If you crave for a creamy texture like me, don't hesitate to scoop in some greek yogurt! Not up to your sweet level? Drizzle on some honey! Invent your own creation with anything you can find in your pantry! Raisins, chocolate chips, peanut butter...

Before hitting the baker!
Baked to perfection topped with a scoop of greek yogurt <3

Usually match my breakfast with a warm cup of Americano.

(I used a bowl to present you a clear look of how it's done. ^)

Yup that's how you magically snap an amazing breakfast treat in only 4 minutes. No more excuses saying you need to stand like a statue to stir oatmeal on the stove! Bake them and have a nap instead! Students out there who always grab a packet of biscuits or bread to school, stop doing so and wake up your tastebuds instead! I'm serious, it's dead easy! Plus it's healthy and scrumptious, you'll thank me for this! If you tried it out, be sure to tweet me a photo of it here! Would love to see your amazing creations.

*Burp* Ah finally done with breakfast, see you peeps next time! Alanis xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment