Monday 24 August 2015

Pancakes

"Mom, what is that round flat stuff sitting beside the bacon?" the 4 year old me questioned with my index finger pointing at the menu.

"It's called a pancake. Just a waffle without its crisp, wanna give it a try?" Mom answered in milliseconds.

"Umm wookay." I blurted without a puff of faith towards my upcoming new dish.

And I was so wrong.

A mini bite into the fluffy piece of beauty drooled with never-insipid maple syrup literally killed me. Shot my heart with the world's best sniper rifle, resulting in time to take a break from living. My sheer mind began to shuffle them brain puzzles: What the actual mayhem is this new food discovery? Doesn't taste like cake, neither a pan (thought I would taste metal) but it's just oh so good. Definitely more. I need more, mom.

Since my first ever glorious experience with buttermilk pancakes from One Utama's Waffle World (doesn't make sense eh), pancakes always win the menu challenge. From breakfast to dinner, it was impossible for me to get sick of such a sugary treasure. One of my all time favourites are Blueberry Pancakes topped with Vanilla Ice Cream. Another favoured icy beauty crossing the heaven of fluffiness with a touch of sweet fruit, mind my words but what the actually heck? Is that even feasible? I just cannot even-gargh-it held me speechless for years.

What an allure.

Now you see, pancakes aren't just a source to keep us humans breathing, but an emotional inspiration that retain our souls from wilting into enmity. A warm serving of creamy flapjack never fails to enkindle my dilettante psyche from boredom. In short, it's a huge life saviour. Heartbroken? Cheer up with chocolate crepes. Poor grades? Forget life with Corned Beef hotcakes. Tummy ache? Fix that crap with Bacon Pancakes! I swear nothing gets worse after a magical wave from the pancake angel! Except for an undone one with raw batter in it. Eeek that one's a true nightmare from hell.

So whatcha waiting for? Ride over to your nearest brunch cafe & sink your fangs into a stack of comforting, buttery pancakes. Thank me later aites?

NEED. NOW.

Dare me a #onewordessay in the comments below for more! - Alanis xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment