Sunday 9 August 2015

Seafield's Rainbow Run

What's up internet users! (wow what a techy way to address you people)

How would I describe today, you ask? It was a morning of fitness contentment & some breathing difficulties. As what you spot from this blog's title, today I participated in my school's fundraising event - Rainbow Run 2015! Well, don't be confused, it's just an eerie name of the typical colour runs that are hosted everywhere nowadays. Turned out to be such a blast!

Exceptionally, competence & vigor are both prime concerns in any type of runs I participate (including the ones that award medals to people who crawl their way to the finish line), due to that adage I took the run solemnly & completed the 5K run in 34.32 minutes. Peculiarly, my Nike Running app tracked 6.58km which snapped me a little during the run. Admitting it's not really the best pace I could had done, but it was quite a satisfaction that I managed to maintain speed all the way to the finish line.

Did I mentioned 'breathing difficulties'? Ah that was because the colour powder was fluffing everywhere I had to hold my breath whenever I reached a colour station. Imagine yourself closing the ending line with your Galaxy Note 3 being entirely coated in purple & yellow dust. Scared the heck out of me.

The perfect photobomb.

Buddy tag!

The typical selfie?

One of my favourite shots. <3

With some amazing juniors! :)

Finisher Medal & Certificate.

Was an exciting & tiring day indeed! Looking forward to more runs in the future (preferably atypical ones) and a promise to myself to witness improvement in pace. Most importantly hoping that my running buddies are forever rebelling air friction by my side.

Have a great week!

Cheers, Alanis xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment